Phone Book Press Archive
PSI in the News
- Product Stewardship Institute 'Disappointed' Over U.S. Court Ruling Against Phone Book Opt-Outs in Seattle. October 2012.
- Local Initiative to Stem the Tide of Unwanted Holiday Catalogues. December 2011.
- Annual Phone Books Delivery Just Around the Corner: Metro Boston Residents have an opportunity to opt-out now. Town of Brookline, October 2011.
- Yellow Page Directories Prove Hard To Stop. Crosslands Bulletin, October 2012.
- Opt-out program results in fewer phone books delivered in Seattle. The Seattle Times, April 2012.
- Link blocks junk catalogs. The Boston Globe, December 2011.
- How Much Is Junk Mail Costing You? WCVB TV, December 2011.
- Brookline Recycling Corner: Town tackles unwanted phonebooks, junk mail. Brookline TAB, August 2011.
- New program allows Cambridge residents to opt out of phone book delivery. Cambridge Chronicle, August 2011.
- Cambridge and Brookline put junk mail in their online crosshairs. The Boston Globe, August 2011.
- Brookline Recycling Corner: Reducing paper waste. Brookline TAB, July 2011.
- Judge sides with Seattle over Yellow Pages law. Waste and Recycling News, June 2011.
- Why You Can’t Stop the White Pages. Sightline Daily, June 2011.
- Want a phone book? You might have to ask. Central Valley Business Times, June 2011.
- Phone Book Delivery Disappearing. USA Today, June 2011.
- Cities pulling the plug on phone books. The San Diego Union-Tribune, May 2011.
- San Francisco Limits Phone Directory Distribution. Recycling Today, May 2011.
- Unwanted Phone Books: It Doesn't Matter If They're Yellow or White. Change.org, March 2011.
- Thousands of People Opt-In To Reduce Phone Book Waste. Change.org, March 2011.
- Future of Phonebooks? FOX 5 News, March 2011.
- San Francisco Proposes Phone Books Opt-in Bill. The San Francisco Chronicle, February 2011.
- Phone book industry must find better way for us to opt out. The Boston Globe, January 2011.
- Verizon seeking permission to stop delivering white pages in Maryland, Virginia. The Washington Post, November 2010.
- Some want to hang up on phone-book drops. The Columbus Dispatch, November 2010.
- A thinner phone book. Philadelphia Inquirer, September 2010.
- The Triple Bottom Line Perspective. Fox Business News, May 2010.
- White Pages May Go Way of Rotary-Dialed Phone. The New York Times, May 2010.
- I-Team Report: Directory Existence. ABC7 News Chicago, April 2010.
- Paper Cuts: Why phone books are on the chopping block for greens, pols and pissed-off citizens. The Pacific Northwest Inlander, March 2010.
- Seeking Revenue, Postal Service Plans to Deliver More Junk Mail. New York Times, September 2012.
- PHONE WARS: Digital chewing up paper products. WAFF, March 2012.
- Seattle phone-book crackdown declared constitutional. Seattle Post-Intelligencer, September 2011.
- Cambridge And Brookline Team Up To Combat Junk Mail. WBZ-TV - CBS Local Media, August 2011.
- San Francisco sued over Yellow Pages restrictions. San Francisco Chronicle, June 2011.
- Phone Books: Waste Of Paper Or Boost For Businesses? WTOV9, May 2011.
- San Francisco likely to crack down on Yellow Pages. Los Angeles Times, May 2011.
- Should Cambridge residents be able to opt out of phone book delivery? The Boston Globe, February 2011.
- Yellow Pages Unveils National Opt-Out Site, Responds to Paper Book Critics (Neg Norton Interview). TreeHugger, February 2011.
- Protester says it’s time to close the book on phone directories. The Boston Globe, January 2011.
- Residential phone book is becoming a remnant of the past. The Philadelphia Inquirer, January 2011.
- Town called on to throw book at phone directory publishers. The Greenwich Citizen, December 2010.
- Verizon must continue delivering phone books for now. The Cumberland Times-News, December 2010.
- Seattle Residents Sick Of Phone Books Are One Step Closer To Not Getting Them. Q13 FOX News - Seattle, September 2010.
- Phone book opt-out site goes live. Minneapolis / St. Paul Business Journal, September 2010.
- Go online to 'opt out’ of yellow pages. Minneapolis Star Tribune, September 2010.
- Updated Phone Book Opt-out Website to Debut in 2011. Earth911, September 2010.
- Opting Out of Phone Book to Cut Waste. Fox 9 News Minnesota, September 2010.
- O'Brien to introduce phone-book legislation this afternoon. The Seattle Times, August 2010.
- How to dump the yellow pages. The Chicago Tribune, April 2010.
- After one year, city’s phone book opt-out program is big success. City of Seattle, April 2012.
- U.S. District Judge rules in favor of Seattle’s yellow pages opt-out law. Seattle City Council, June 2011.
- Board of Supervisors President David Chiu’s Yellow Pages Legislation Wins Final Board Approval. City and County of San Francisco Press Release, May 2011.
- May 16 last day to stop first delivery of unwanted yellow pages in Seattle. Seattle City Council, May 2011.
- U.S. District Judge rules in favor of opt-out system. Seattle City Council, May 2011.
- Seattle City Council votes to reduce phone book waste. City of Seattle Seattle City Council: News Release, October 2010.